Here are some general resources that you may find useful for a further study. This list is by no means complete, and it will grow.
Some on-line classes and tutorials in this arena:
General Data Science resources:
Books on Data Mining and Machine Learning:
- "Data Mining - Concepts and Techniques", J. Han & M. Kamber, MK
- "Neural Networks for Pattern Recognition", C.M. Bishop, Oxford University Press
- "Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning" , C.M. Bishop
- "The Elements of Statistical Learning", T. Hastie, R. Tibshirani J. Friedman, 2009, free download
- "Introduction to Information Retrieval", Christopher D. Manning, Prabhakar Raghavan & Hinrich Schütze, 2008, Cambridge University Press
- "Gaussian Processes for Machine Learning", Carl Edward Rasmussen and Christopher K. I. Williams, The MIT Press, 2006: free download
- " Tika in Action ", Mattmann & Zitting, Manning Publications, 2011, 256 pages.
Web Services and standalone applications:
Programming Languages and DM Libraries: