Caltech Optical Observatories
Observing Proposal for
Information needed for TAC review, telescope scheduling and support preparation.
Please Read Instructions:
- Fill out form. Note that you can cut and paste from other documents,
and save data from one form and load it into another.
- Click Show filled-in form on screen button at bottom of form.
- Filled in form will be returned to your screen only - in a different format. It will NOT be e-mailed.
- Choose Print (portrait format) from your browser file menu and select pdf output to generate an electronic copy of the form to email/submit with your observing proposal.
- If you wish to save a copy for later use, please see detailed instructions at the end of the form.
- This form is only returned to your
screen; it will not be saved at COO.
Click this form's Show button, then
select Print from your browser's file menu to
generate hardcopy on your local printer. You can print
to a file to save a pdf version
to email/submit with your application.
- If you've clicked on Show and then
wish to change an entry before printing,
return to this page by clicking on the Return
button at the bottom of the formatted output page,
or click your browser's Back button.
Make changes, then click on this form's Show
button again, then Print.
- Follow these instructions to store your
form input in a PalCover Save File
for later re-use:
The procedure will vary if you are running a
Windows browser rather than a Unix browser.
- Click the Save button above.
This will generate the save file.
- A Save As... window should
pop up to allow you to save the file
to your local disk.
- In the pop-up window, specify a name
for the file
and Click the OK button
to store data in the Save File.
- Follow these instructions to load data into
this form from a previously-generated
Palcover Save File:
Again, the procedure will vary if you are running a
- In the entry field following the
Load button, type in
the full pathname to the
Palcover save file stored on your
computer. You may use the
Browse function to navigate
your filesystem as needed.
- Click the Load button to load the
data from your save file into the form.
- The entry form will be re-displayed
with your data included.
- Multiple forms in Netscape: Trying to use the Netscape browser to edit two forms at the same time can cause problems. If you hit the Print button, Netscape will print out the form which you most recently loaded, rather than the one shown in the current window. Solution: be sure to re-load your form just before printing.
Palomar Coversheet v2.10A 22-June-2009, orig. by Greg. D. Wirth (WMKO), comments