Overview: 8-Inch Celestron
This quick guide is intended as a reference for users who are already familiar with the telescope's operation. You are responsible for following all warnings and instructions described in the full manual.
- The telescope will tip over in dec if the brake is not engaged. Never leave the dec brake off when the telescope is not actually being moved, and never let go of the telescope if the brake is off.
- Disengage the RA or dec brake before moving the telescope by hand.
- Although the dec fine adjust knob can (and should) be turned with the dec brake on, this is not the case for the RA fine adjust knob – loosen the brake before moving in RA.
- If you find that one of the eyepieces is dirty, please don't try to clean it yourself. Let us know and we'll take care of it.
- Do not point this telescope at the Sun unless you have been trained and authorized with the solar filter – the telescope will focus the sunlight intensely enough to cause blindness and burns. Even observing by projection is unsafe.
Lay tripod legs flat
Lift center pedestal
Hook legs onto hub
Secure wedge with screws
Polar-align the wedge
Lift telescope by arms
Carry like this
Slide top screw into slot
Insert other screws