Cahill Event Organization Guidelines:
What is Tuesday Tea?
Tuesday Tea is held every Tuesday at 3:30pm in the Tapir Interaction room on the 3rd floor of Cahill. Everyone in the Cahill building (admins, grad students, staff, faculty, postdocs, etc) are invited and encouraged to attend. Please join us for some relaxed tea drinking, cookies, and conversation.
The duty roster for who will set up the Tuesday Teas is kept in the form of a Doodle Poll.
What should I do?
Organizing the tea is fairly simple. If it's your turn to set up the tea, here are your responsibilities:
- Water Urn: fill the large urn with water from the sink next to the Tapir interaction room. It doesn't fit under the spout of the tap, so use the kettle to transfer the water. Set it up on the table at the East wall of the interaction room, and start it heating at 2:30pm.
- Cookies: lay out the cookies on trays on the central table.
- Tea and milk: set up the tea bags, milk, and sugar on the table next to the urn.
- Tidy up: return the cookies, milk, etc. to the second floor kitchen and the urn to Althea's office. Wipe down the trays and the Tapir table.
- Refill the supply: if the supplies of sugar, tea, or cookies are running low please let the organizers know (Oliver, firstname.lastname@example.org and Ernazar, email@example.com).
Where are the supplies?
- Kettle: South-East corner of Althea's office (room 229).
- Cookies and tea: second floor kitchen, North-West cabinet (floor-level). The keys are kept in Althea's office (room 229).
- Milk: fridge on second floor kitchen.
- Trays: second floor kitchen, South-East cabinet.