Public Outreach Archives
- May 2011: A public viewing of the partial solar eclipse drew ~600 people to the Cahill Center!
- February/March 2011: Grad students assisted 8th grade students with the development and execution of their science fair projects at Washington Middle School.
- November/December 2011: Grad students spoke to 5th-graders at PUSD schools to discuss astronomy and careers in science.
- September 2011: The Astronomy department hosted a viewing of the extra-galactic supernova PTF11kly (SN 2011fe) using the Cahill Rooftop Observatory. About 500 people were able to see the supernova over 6 nights of observations!
- April/May 2011: Astronomy department graduate students assisted Washington Accelerated Elementary students with science fair projects.
- March 2011: Students from McKinley school visited Caltech and saw the LIGO lab, the Galex satellite control center, and the TAPIR supercomputer.
- 2010: PATS
- 2010: Public outreach at Griffith Observatory