P60 Filter Inventory
Here is the list of P60 filters. They are kept on the P60 observing
floor closet on the NE side of the dome—and in the facility CCD
camera filter wheel. Filters are stored in their holders in two
wooden boxes on the counter top and 6 of them are stored in the top
left-hand drawer. All filters listed are 3" × 3" square, except for
those designated below 2" × 2" square (2×2).
- Narrow-band filters due to Neill Reid circa 1993.
- AMSoderberg custom filters circa 2005.
- SLK reports an annotation in a "resource book" that filters
identified as Johnson are/may be in fact "Krohn-Cousin" (email 22
Feb 2013). I think this means that the I and R filters are in
fact Kron-Cousins Rc and Ic, and the ensemble is on the composite
Johnson-Morgan-Cousins (UBVRcIc) system. This would explain
comment by Brad Cenko (22 Feb 2013) that I has a long red tail—
Cousins Ic is known for its extended red response (see Bessel
- SDSS-type filters presently in wheel obtained circa 2009 (provider
Asahi) for PTF followup. We have transmission scans for these
filters themselves—but not full response functions. [For full
response functions I recommend consulting this
SDSS page] (M. Kasiwal
email 22 Feb 2013).
- There is a "drawer space slots" filter identified as "Gunn z (2×2)"
In fact there is no z defined in the Thuan-Gunn system (see
Something SDSS-z'-like is probably a reasonable guess for this filter.