These are made using programs I wrote using midi:perl a wonderful package.
Here is what I did:
I have also used a beat (16 with percussion - clap - notes at 0, 4 and 8) and
tried to use a soft guitar saa in the background - I really need something
like a veena here. Program available on request. Patterns below are pngs made
by importing the midis into audacity.
- start with the notes for a raga
- get its aaroh and avroh
- get a melodic string for the raga
- start with half notes of aaroh and avroh
- insert a few random half notes (need to replace this with aalap)
- put in the melodic string (quarter notes here on)
- ... this is vague ... melodic string + random notes (with vaadi and
samvadi considered to an extent), some eighth and sixteenth notes thrown in,
change of loudness (velocity)
- end with the melodic string