Welcome to the Ay 1 - The Evolving Universe!
Please explore the links on the left.
- May 4: Schedule change: The field trip to Palomar has been rescheduled for May 21. Please fill in this brief survey if you haven't already.
- May 2: Important! Please fill in this brief survey regarding the upcoming field trip to Palomar on Saturday, May 7. The bus will depart from Cahill at 2 pm, and be back by 11 pm. Sandwiches will be provided (if you fill in the survey).
- May 2: Monday review lectures are henceforth cancelled, due to a poor attendance. Please contact the instructor directly if you have any questions about the class.
- April 30: The midterm has been posted on the homeworks and exams page. It is due on Wed. May 4 by 5 pm.
- April 29: We posted the solutions for homeworks 3 and 4, to help you study for the midterm. Unfortunately, that also means that we cannot accept any late homework 4, unless you have a proper medical excuse or something of that nature.
- April 22: Homework 4 has been posted on the homeworks page. It is due by 12 noon on Friday, April 29.
- April 18: The class trip to Palomar will be on Saturday, May 7, afternoon/evening. We'll post more details in due time.
- April 15: Homework 3 has been posted on the homeworks page. It is due by 12 noon on Friday, April 22.
- April 15: … and yet again.
- April 11: Section assignments have been updated.
- April 8: Homework 2 has been posted on the homeworks page. It is due by 12 noon on Friday, April 15. Solutions to Homework 1 have been posted as well.
- April 1: Homework 1 has been posted on the homeworks page. It is due by 12 noon on Friday, April 8.
- March 29: Recitation section assignments (updated). Note that they start tomorrow. A few of you could not be accommodated in your top 3 slots, and have been assigned elsewhere, along with the few who did not specify the desired slots. You can trade among yourselves, and inform the TAs, but you cannot change your section assignments unilaterally.
- March 28: Please indicate your top 3 choices for the recitation sections here, by 9 am tomorrow. Otherwise you may get assigned to a random section.
- March 28: Welcome to the class! Watch this space for announcements, etc.