Welcome to the Ay 1 - The Evolving Universe!
Please explore the links on the left.
- June 4: The final exam has been posted. Good luck!
- June 4: The final exam will be available this Friday (June 6) evening, and will be due by 5 pm on Thursday, June 12, to your TA directly, or to your Head TA's mailbox in Cahill.
- May 28: There will a make-up lecture on Friday, May 30, 2-3 pm. Attendance of sections is optional this week, but you should attend them anyway, especially if you'd like to get a good grade… For the sections that are scheduled for 2-3 pm on Friday, the TAs will have some make-up time slots.
- May 20: There will be no lecture on Monday, May 26, as it is a holiday. We will have a make-up lecture on Friday, May 30, 2-3 pm. Attendance of sections will be voluntary (and is still highly recommended) that week.
- May 17: Homework #6 has been posted. It is due next Friday, as usual.
- May 15: I hope that you enjoyed the Ditch Day! We are extending the deadline for the last homework to Monday, May 19. Give it directly to your TA, or put it in Marin Anderson's mailbox in 249 Cahill.
- May 5: Please sign up for the class trip to Palomar on May 24 if you haven't done so already here. The deadline for signup is May 9.
- May 1: The midterm has been posted on the homework's and exams page. Do not download it before you are ready to start! You have a max of 3 hours, but 2 should suffice. Open notes, no internet, no collaboration, honor code applies. Due by 5 pm on Friday, May 9. Good luck!
- April 29: Please sign up for the class trip to Palomar on May 24 here. Learn more about the Observatory here.
- April 28: New homework policy: Effective immediately, homework will be due at the start of your section on Friday; Thursday section students have to turn it in to the Head TA (Marin) or their own TA by 2 pm on Friday.
- April 25: Homework #4 has been posted. There will be no homework next week; instead, there will be the midterm. More details will be posted later.
- April 23: I will be having my office hour on Thursdays, 2-3 pm, at the Red Door. Don't be shy. The first three people who come to ask questions get the free drinks. You are also of course welcome to come to my office any time, but it is always a good idea to email ahead, to make sure I am in.
- April 19: Homework #3 and solutions for the Homework #1 have been posted.
- April 11: Homework #2 has been posted.
- April 6: Please use the FB page to give us your feedback, to communicate with your fellow students, ask questions, and post any interesting links that you may have.
- April 5: The section assignments are still being adjusted to accommodate you as best as we can. Please contact the Head TA ASAP if you have any issues with your section assignment.