Tektronix-4014 Disk File
- Supported device
- disk file which may be printable on a
Tektronix-compatible device. This driver uses the extended (12-bit)
addressing of the Tektronix-4014. (This driver is for VMS systems; on
Unix systems the regular Tektronix driver (/TEK) can produce a disk
- Device type code
- Default device name
- Default view surface dimension
- Depends on printer; nominally
400 pixels/inch giving 10.24 in (horizontal) x 7.80 in (vertical).
- The coordinate system used for Tektronix emulation is
4096 x 3120 pixels.
- Color capability
- Only color index 1 is supported. Primitives drawn
in `erase' mode (color index 0) are ignored (not erased). It is not
possible to change color representation.
- Input capability
- File format
- Binary, variable length records (maximum 1024 bytes);
no carriage-control attribute.
- Obtaining hardcopy
- depends on the available printer.
Note: the file cannot easily be displayed on a Tektronix-compatible
terminal because it contains control characters which may be
interpreted by the operating system. The terminal must be set to
PASSALL mode before the file can be displayed.
- T. J. Pearson, 1987; Darvid R. Chang, 1995.